Saturday, February 21, 2015

QatART handmade market -20 February 2015

childrens sewing craft jayasplace doha
As you know, I conduct a felt stitching workshop during the QatART handmade market in katara, in collaboration with katara art studios.

childrens sewing craft workshop jayasplace doha
 
I generally invite kids age 7-70, those who can safely handle a sharp needle, to participate in the workshop. But I find that a lot of the tiny tots love to craft. So I thought of  including a workshop for  the younger crowd ( those who cannot safely use a needle).
For this month, along with the stitching workshop, I introduced a tiara-making activity for the smaller children. Providing this craft where they can make a pretty thing with their own two hands gives them such a sense of accomplishment, I loved seeing the proud smiles with the sparkly tiaras!

childrens craft workshop jayasplace doha
The market was a great success, so much that I did not have any time free even to pick up my phone to click a few pics. These pics were generously shared by my lovely neighbor who assisted me with the workshop.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always a pleasure to hear from you. Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...