Thursday, November 13, 2014

Virtual teachers: Part 1: Craftsy

How do I learn sewing skills in a  country with no sewing instructors? Online, of course! In this series that I begin today, I will introduce a few of the excellent teachers I have on the web.. so that you can use them too, if you have the inclination.
Craftsy.com
As the first, I will introduce Craftsy. It is a design community that teaches you stuff through online video classes. I have found it extremely useful to learn new skills and their HD videos and interactive classes  are as good as having the instructor in the room with me. Go on, check it out. Visit the following FREE classes, gain a feel of the place.

Sew Ready: Machine Basics Get some instruction on using your sewing machine from Babylock, one of the sewing machine companies.

Get a beginner bagmaking class free from Kirstin Link of Sew Mama Sew, (another great resource).

Bag-Making Basics: Drawstring Bag & Bucket BagGet a beginner painting class, pizza making class, even a knife skills class.. all for free.

So go on, click through, and tell me what you think of the site. Happy surfing!





No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always a pleasure to hear from you. Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...