Sunday, June 16, 2013

slice of sunshine dress

this yellow seersucker cotton bit has been in my stash since 2004... that's almost ten years old.
In a mad wish to use up the old loved fabrics before they start falling apart, i made a simple dress. with a touch of rickrack to add whimsy. and a yoyo flower. and maybe something more, before i am quite done with it.
This is the first time I have made pockets for a dress. I had to re-position one, but i will consider that a learning experience. I used the semi circles, that were cut out from the neck, to make the pockets. Do you think i should add elastic to the top of the pockets to prevent them gaping open?




a little yoyo flower, from the last bit of the fabric .

i am experimenting with my camera a lot, i have not achieved  that optimum level of the brightness .. so if this is too bright, forgive me :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always a pleasure to hear from you. Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...